Tips To Travel In Oman
Oman is the center of the Arab tourism. The Muscat Tours is one of the best tourist destination recognized by the world travel guide publishers. The tourism industry of Oman was started growing after 2000 and now one of the largest tourism industries in Middle East Asia. Oman has mountains to malls everything for its tourist.
Oman is a good place to visit and here are some tips regarding Oman tourism.
- Must have a valid passport with at least six months of validity.
- Oman has Dual Visa system and valid for two countries Oman and Qatar / Dubai
- Oman Visa is valid for 30 days after that an extension of another 30 days is allowed.
- Oman Visa available by the E-Visa facility for all nationalities.
- Oman Visa costs 20 OMR for 30 days and extension is cost more or delay may impose fine.
- Oman Air, Air India, Spice Jet, Indigo, Etihad, Jet Airways are flight always available for Oman.
- Oman Air is also good for a domestic flight in Oman to travel within the country.
- Oman Ferry and Boats are good for water transportation.
- Public Buses and Taxis are under budget for local transportation.
- For more privacy, Oman rental cars are always available.
- Luxury & budget hotels, lodges, guest houses, serviced apartments are available in Oman.
- Minimum 10% tips is a tradition in Oman hotel and restaurant.
- Oman is a very hot country throughout the year. In winter the country experienced 25 degree Celsius and hot summer the temperature raised up to 40 degree Celsius. So prepare accordingly.
- The humidity level of Oman is also very high and hot weather during the day and cold at night.
People & Cultural:
- Oman is a Muslim country with traditionally very rich and cultural.
- Oman Muslim culture is orthodox, so use full dresses and avoid short dresses and clothes.
- Wear conservative clothes which hide complete skin and never go for swimsuits in public beaches.
- Any one language between Arabic, Hindi, English, and Swahili is helpful to interact with locals.
Food & Drink:
- Except hotel dining, all the restaurants are having Indian and Lebanese cuisine and surprisingly missing Omani cuisine.
- Omani Halwa and the Sweetmeat are the traditional favorite dessert dish need to taste.
- Must taste drink at Oman is Laban and the salty buttermilk.
- Drinking publicly is a punishable offense and need a license to drink in the hotel room also.
- Oman is the very safe place to visit. There is no problem as regards safety though this is a Middle East country.
- Oman is very peaceful and safest country for the visitors and one of the terrorism free countries.
- But for precaution keep distance from Yemen and Saudi Arabia border.
The people of Oman are very liberal and welcoming. They are taking good care of their country as well as stranger guest. This stable and calm country and there has no safety issue if travel by Oman Packages alone by the women with kids.